Sunday, September 02, 2007

Bailey

The week before last, our friends Susan and John said goodbye to their sweet dog, Bailey. I was privileged to be a Bailey walker, when Susan and John would be away. I'd call her when I came into the house, "girlfriend, girlfriend!" She'd come to me ready for her walk. I learned to cross the street when others dogs came in view, or I'd be holding on for dear life. She and my dog ignored each other on those walks. She moved at a stately pace, elegant and serene. She was a very sweet dog whose presence is missed. So long "girlfriend!"

2 comments:

DAWN said...

Ah, beautiful dog. Peace.

Gillian McMurray said...

Poor Bailey. I hope she is at peace. I lost my dog in January. It is a terrible loss.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...