Friday, May 11, 2007

Sprout CSA market day




Yesterday, I staffed the Sprout CSA/Victory Farms stand at our Farmers' Market. The produce drew crowds, who when they found out that they weren't for sale, jokingly said I was a tease. We did have some produce for sale and that sold quickly. It was fun and I met lots of interesting people, including Chris Mattera, a sous chef, sausage maker, who is starting a Slow Foods group in Richmond, VA. I had to drive around a bit before heading home, so my share looks a bit wilted on my counter, but check out how big the share is...oh boy, lots of salads and lots of cooking. Thanks to Charlie Collins our farmer for such fab' produce.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...