Saturday, December 02, 2006

St Paul de Vence






One of our day trips from NICE, taking advantage of the 1,30 euro bus fares, was to the little village of St. Paul de Vence. Chagall, among others. worked there, and it's been transformed into a tourist destination in a major way. Lots of commercial galleries and shops are in the nooks and crannies of the winding streets. It's all cleaned up and filled with tourists from all over, though my photos somehow managed to make it look deserted. Don't know how I did that! Hah! Still, it was worth the trip. Here are some views of the ville so you can see why we liked it.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...