Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Serignan






Our friend in Bezier decided to take us on a drive to Serignan and Serignan plage (the beach.) As we got closer to Serignan, I remembered why the name of the town sounded a bit familiar. Last year, a colleague of mine, Daniele Reide, went there to do an installation in a museum. I was so excited that I was going to get to see it, it seemed so amazing that I'd be in that very place. So here are two images of her installation...bits of paint, adhered to the wall in some mysterious, invisible, magical way. The piece fills a section of the wall. The photos, naturally, don't do it justice. There were lots of pieces in this wonderful little contemporary museum in this little town. Both Chuck and I liked the chair paintings and the small "postcard" pieces. The light installation is by Daniel Buren. I really liked being able to walk through it and took lots of pictures of it. I'm just posting this one, however.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Happy New Year Mim!! This Serignan page looks great! Hope to see you soon. - Danielle

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...