Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Olargues






The affiche notifying us of the chestnut festival was a welcome sight. What fun... there we were, watching chestnuts being roasted, buying roasted chestnuts, eating crepes made from chestnut flour, singing along with the town officials (for some reason the tunes were familiar) and watching, of all things, Eccosaise - Scottish musicians. It was an odd sight for us, in the hills of the Rouission. I've always seen chestnuts called marron in French but I learned that they are also called chataigne. We had such a good time in Olargues. There was a flea, craft, and food market going on at the same time.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...