Monday, December 04, 2006

Beziers







After NICE, we took the train to Beziers to stay with our dear friends who moved there from the U.S.of A. The city is near the Pyrenees and if the air is just right, you can see them from the top of the hill. They live in the old town, which has winding little streets and a church and a cemetery on the hill top. Pizza made a nice dinner for Chuck one night. I think I had linguine but dug in with no thoughts for a photo of it. We enjoyed walking around the old section and ventured into the other area a bit, too. It's a very nice small city with it's own little Galleries Lafayette and Monoprix. The park that leads up from the train station to the old town is filled with statues of poets and a big impressive, slightly scary satute by a famous area sculptor.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...